No homeowner wants to leave money on the table, right? Here’s 5 tips you should know…
- Declutter: Making the home clear of clutter is much more important than many people realize The potentialbuyer needs to be able to envision the home as their own and it is difficult to do if your home is filled with personal items. Depersonalize by also removing your family pictures.
- Get organized: Organization is a process, not a product. It involves time and thought, motivation and effort– If you have a lot of things you may want to have a garage sale or rent a storage unit to store everything. It may never occur to you that a potential buyer doesn’t want to see stacks of boxes, or stuffed closets and cabinets.
- Take care of any small repairs that need to be made. If a potential buyer notices something small that needs to be repaired they may imagine that there are other items that need to be repaired also. You may be thinking that it is just a small thing and the new buyer can fix it, but this is the wrong way to look at things if you want to maximize your profit. Do things such as: Patch holes in the wall. Fix Leaky faucets. Make sure the front door locks and unlocks easily. Make sure all rooms are painted a neutral color. Replace burned-out light bulbs.
- Keep the outside and inside of the home clean. It is important that your home has the best curb appeal possible. Buyers will typically drive by properties before they ask their agent to make an appointment for them to go inside. Make sure the outside looks good so the buyer will want to see the inside. Spend money on landscaping in the front of the house. Keep the lawn mowed and trim the bushes and surrounding vegetation.
- Pay close attention to the other homes for sale in the neighborhood. This is your competition. Your home needs to either look better or be priced better than the competition. Ever wonder why similar homes sell before another? You may say why and how did that house sell first when it was priced higher? Most likely that house sold first because the owner paid attention to every last detail. There was nothing at all left undone.
Taking care of the little things will make you more money and allow you to sell your home faster!
Please call 941-321-9660 or email Jason Silverstein for a free phone consultation on preparing your house for sale.